GIS stands for Gas Insulated Switchgear. GIS testing is a test conducted to evaluate the circuit’s proper functionality and assess various electrical specifications of a machine.
Why is GIS testing done?
- If a new system is installed, as a part of voltage testing
- When a machine is repaired after any incident
- For monitoring the systems
- When any defect is discovered in the machines
- To regulate and maintain the condition of the systems
What are the test procedures?
- AC voltage test
- Partial discharge measurement
- Lightning surge test
Laxmi Associates assist you with the following throughout the whole project of GIS Testing:
- For test specification of tenders
- During placements of UHF sensors
- To give testing instructions
- To evaluate the performance of the system
- With diagnosis and root cause analysis
- To provide you with expert advice
The testing options for GIS:
- Ac voltage test along with series resonant systems
- Discharge measurement with sensitivity verification
- Test breakdown localization system
- Acoustical partial discharge measurement using ultrasonic sensors
- Video endoscopy with inserted cameras in the GIS
- Microscopy of the particles
- A final assessment of the particles
During GIS testing, it is mandatory to perform a voltage withstand test according to IEC’s standards.
Laxmi Associates has experience of more than 15years in testing, with a large team of engineers and technicians.